Skip to main content

A collection of words from my personal journal (2018)

This post doesn't need a lengthy introduction. I simply want to share some thoughts that I have been able to keep from a few years back. In whatever way these words may touch you, I hope it serves its purpose.




1. "AUTHENTICITY: Knowing who you are and being brave enough to live it."

2. "You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are."

3. All I want is someone who can love me for who I was, who I am, and who I want to be.

4. Focus on building your character, while maintaining a teachable attitude and a humble heart.

5. No matter what other people may say, always live for Christ.

6. Our motives, why we do what we do, make all the difference. We are shaped by what we love most. Christ's love (and our love for Him) is the greatest of all motivators. It causes those who follow Him to live for Him, and not for themselves.


7. There is freedom in being true to yourself.

8. You may not think of it now, but maybe you are where you are because it's a necessary part of your story.

9. I believe that before making any life-changing decisions, you have to be true to yourself first. It is in knowing who you are and accepting who you are that you find courage-- the courage you need to risk for what you want. "Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you."

10. "I learned long time ago that in order to heal my wounds, I must have the courage to face up to them."

11. "We all want things to stay the same. Settle for living in misery because we're afraid of change, of things crumbling to ruins. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation."


12. "Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people."

13. To remain faithful where God has placed you, give God first place in your heart.

14. No matter how "good" we already think our life is, it is still God's presence that makes it meaningful.

15. "If you do not have Christ, you will have no genuine joy. If you have no genuine joy, in Christ, you will not be content."


16. Don't focus on how much "perfection" you're able to post online. Use social media as a means to connect with people, to engage and encourage others, and eventually build a support system for those who need it.

17. "I still get tired like I used to, but it's a different kind of tiredness now, because I'm genuinely happy with what I do."

18. "Pray first. Then make plans. Don't plan and then pray for your plan to work."

19. Not everyone will understand what you're trying to do with your life. They'll try to tell you what to do, how to live.. but don't let them take away your vision of where you're going. Just keep doing what you need to do to get to that dream.


20. "Brave are those who make decisions despite their fear, who are tormented by the devil every step of the way and gripped by anxiety about their every action, wondering if they are right or wrong. And yet nevertheless, they act."

21. Helping other people and sharing what I have is my way of showing gratitude for God's abundant grace and generosity to me. Every time I give, I do not fear having nothing left for me because I know that God always gives us enough to be able to do the work that will glorify His name.

22. "You can't do the same things and expect change. Transform your mindset. Upgrade your habits."

23. "The price of a dream is always high."

24. Your work will speak so much of your character. Whatever job it may be, always give it your best. No good work will ever be in vain.

25. Acknowledge that you need help.


--those words with quotation marks are some that I must've taken from somewhere else. It was my bad not writing down where I've taken them from. I've already done the necessary changes in my 2019 and 2020 journals. Posting more of these in my next posts!

Love,
Lora๐Ÿ’“

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! ๐Ÿ™ˆ If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da