Skip to main content

"Things to bring" for your upcoming Holiday trip!

 Can't believe it's been a month (again!) since my last blog post. Sounds like my New Year's resolution should be: be more consistent with blogging. Haha.

But anyway, I decided to share with you guys my personal list of things to bring for every trip that I do. I usually have a small notebook where I write this list, and I bring that small notebook also on my trip so I can make sure I don't leave anything behind. Prepared jud kaayo. 😂 Call it too much or whatever, but it works for me. No worries about "Did I pack my _____ already?" or "Did I forget something?".


PAGE 1

1. MONEY. Um. Obviously. Make sure to have your budget checked and that all possible expenses have been considered. You don't want to be out of cash or credit when you're out of the country. Check with your bank about overseas use of your cards. 😉

2. PASSPORT + HOLDER. I think it's best to protect your passport with a sleeve at all times to protect it from getting wet/folded/stained.

3. ID, Certificate of Employment, OTHER DOCS. I've had some people ask me about what immigration officers may look for and from my experience when I traveled with work mates, it was my COE. And when I traveled with my boyfriend and his family, they just asked for my ID (PRC) and I just stated that I work as a CPA (private).

4. ITINERARIES, VOUCHERS, HOTEL BOOKING. Okay, maybe you don't really need to have it printed (digital copies are okay). But for my first time abroad, I was asked to present the printed copies of these so.. that's why I still do this.

5. EMERGENCY MEDS, ANTIHISTAMINE, BAND AID. As someone who's allergic to a lot of things and easily gets sick, these are essentials for me. And I get some cuts out of nowhere 😩 so I bring around a band aid also.

6. BALL PEN. As simple as this is, you'll actually need one when you're travelling. Trust me.

7. POWER BANK, WIRES (IPHONE, MICRO, TYPE C). I keep my wires with me in my hand carry bag just to be sure.

8. GO PRO + CASE, MONO POD.  Keep similar or complimentary things together at all times. You can have a pouch or even just a zip lock. And oh, check the battery and SD card if it's inside.

9. XA-3 + CASE, EXTRA BATTERY. Same reminders as with the Go Pro. Usually I just put the extra battery inside the same purse with my power bank, wires, and go pro.

10. POCKET WIFI. This one is actually just optional. But for local trips, I bring my Smart Bro around. 😉


PAGE 2

11. SIM TRAY OPENER. You never know when you'll need one! Haha. I keep this with my case for my ear phones.

12. TOILETRIES. Sure, the hotel where you're staying will probably have these around for free. But I have my preferences and most of those free stuff aren't good anyway. ✌

13. SKIN CARE. Of course. A vacation is no reason to slack on your skin care routine!

14. ALCOHOL, WIPES. Self-explanatory.

15. MAKE UP. I really list down all the make up I plan to bring just to make sure. Especially since I once left my eyebrow brush one time when I went for a trip and it was frustrating to have untamed, and hard to blend brows the whole time. I mean, there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good for your vacation, right?

16. COMB + HAIR OIL. I hardly go anywhere without my L'oreal Mythic Oil (Argan Oil).

17. WATCH, SHADES, ACCESSORIES. For this, just bring what you need and what you know you'll really use. Because I for one, keep bringing shades and accessories but actually end up just using one item. What a waste of space. Hahaha.


PAGE 3

CLOTHES

18. UNDERWEAR. Always bring extra. 💓

19. SLEEP WEAR. Don't pack thick/heavy pajamas unless it's necessary for the place you're visiting.

19. JACKET, CAP. Even if you're not always cold, just bring one jacket or parka with a hoodie. Or even just a scarf.

20. FOR FLIGHT. For convenience at the gates/scanners, I wear garter pants or rompers so I don't have to wear a belt. Plus most of my garter pants feel like pajamas, which means I'll feel comfy for the flight. Plus, wear mules or slip-on shoes too so you don't have to tie your shoe laces after inspection.

21. FOR DAY 1, 2, 3. I'll probably post a separate blog for this on how I plan my outfits for trips. But basically I choose outfits that as much as possible can still be mixed and matched, in case I'm not "feeling" the look I initially was going for. I also included to bring extra for the night because usually you tour for the day then have a short time to freshen up at the hotel, before moving on to another itinerary for the night.

22. FOR FLIGHT HOME. Same rules as the outfit for your flight going to the destination. You still want it to be comfy and hassle-free.

23. SHOES, SLIPPERS, SOCKS. Again, I still list down the shoes that I plan to bring. Plus I bring socks anywhere I go since I easily get cold.

24. BELT. You really won't appreciate your belt as much as when you've experienced not having it around. Trust me, I experienced forgetting to bring a belt and I felt so conscious the whole time.


PAGE 4

OTHERS

25. SLING BAG. Of course, you should have in your luggage a small bag that you'll bring around during your tour/trip. Just make sure it's big enough to hold all your essentials but not too big that you'll feel the need to pack it with too much unnecessary items. Make sure that what you're carrying out of the hotel won't weigh you down when you're already tired from all the walking and sight-seeing.

26. EYEGLASSES, SUNNIES. Please don't ever forget your eyeglasses.

27. SLEEPING EYE MASK. Make use of your travelling time to catch up on some sleep just in case you didn't get enough. Plus, sleeping on a new bed in a different place can be difficult for some people and you might even be travelling with people who don't want to turn the lights off for bed time. So having an eye mask will certainly have its uses.

28. FOLDABLE BAG FOR EXTRA ITEMS. You will never know what you might find when you get to your destination. Whether it's a souvenir item or some pack of food stuff, there might not be enough space for it in your luggage, so better have an extra bag handy. Plus it's quite a hassle to have so many plastic bags with you when checking in. There's a fair chance that you might leave something behind.

29. INSECT REPELLENT. I easily get insect bites and after a horrifying experience of having insect bites all over my legs, I never leave for a trip without insect repellent.



Plus! Here's more reminders...

1 & 2 will certainly save you a LOT of time.

For number 3: I talked about this in my previous blog. Although you might be expecting a certain place to already be sunny or rainy for a certain month, there will be days when it might be different. So better check the weather forecast on your travel dates to make sure you're bringing the right type of clothes.

For number 4: Again, this is just to double check. The last thing you'd want to do is show up at the airport, all ready, but be surprised that your trip is cancelled/rerouted.

For number 5: This could be travel apps, translation apps, offline maps, or anything you think would be of help to you during the trip.

For 6 & 7: You don't want to miss a moment just because you forgot to charge your phone or camera, or that you forgot to check on whether you have enough storage space. Happened to me once, and I still regret it.

For number 8: Well, there may be times when you'd borrow luggage from someone else or you simply haven't used your bag for a while. It's better to check all the pockets just to check that you're not bringing anything that could get you in trouble. You don't want to be bringing around something without your prior knowledge and be called on it during inspection.



Believe it or not, all of my items fit easily on my luggage plus hand carry bag. I still get commended for packing light! It might seem like a lengthy list but I guess it's just in how you pack that makes the difference. That's for another blog post soon!

That's it for now. Feel free to use the photos that I uploaded here.




Love,
Lora 🌍







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! 🙈 If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da