Skip to main content

Smoque Bar + Resto: Your new hang-out place in Tagbilaran

Hello!

A few months back, my mom and I had to make several trips going to Baclayon (via the road in Bool where the new Ace Doctors Hospital is being built) and we kept passing by this new establishment that was also under construction. On the outside, it looked like a restaurant, for sure. So when I scrolled on Instagram and saw that it was already open, I was more than excited  to try it out!


The place had a modern industrial look and the tables were spaced out making it an ideal place for hours of catching-up without having to mind if the other table can hear you! Although the place was full of people when we were there, you wouldn't feel uneasy or feel that the place is overcrowded.



Say hello to my elder sister-- Happy!
We were taking photos while waiting for the food.

💓First visit: Dessert Time!
So we ordered the ube halaya cheesecake and banana walnut cake. What's nice about their desserts is that it's made fresh daily. They make sure you don't get a slice that has obviously been frozen in the fridge for days.

When we spoke with the chef, he said that they always prepare the food with fresh ingredients available from the market for that day. They also prefer making their own sauces and even whip cream rather than buying ones that are ready-made.

We also tried their 'frozen hot chocolate' drink inspired by the movie "Serendipity" (which I love, by the way!!!). It should come with whip cream but I'm not a fan, so... 😉 Let me warn you, this is good for 4-5 people! Haha.

I was also looking for the perfect pasalubong that night for this mango-holic guy right here. Lucky me, this whole Mango Charlotte cake (fresh from the kitchen) was being put on display. So without hesitation, I bought the whole cake. And no regrets at all! It's every mango-lover's dream cake!

💓 Second visit: Cravings Satisfied!

BBQ Nachos

 
More good food: Buffalo Chicken Salad and BBQ Nachos

Came here with manang Happy and my cousin Cathy just to satisfy our cake and nachos cravings that night. What I like the most about this place is that the atmosphere around here makes you want to talk to the people you're with and not scroll on your phone. We were the last people to leave before they could close at 10pm! Now that was what I call catching up! Hahaha.

💓 Third visit: Family get-together!

Relatives both from my mom's and dad's side.


Finally got to try these two!
Been drooling over these on their Instagram account.
Left: Fried Days
Right: Starter Kit
Both are good for 4-6 people with 2 servings of rice.

We also tried the St. Louis Ribs, house blend iced teas and Reese Cheesecake.

Photo with Chef Raphael and Chef Krissel.
(they're from Manila and Davao respectively, but certainly Boholanos at heart!)
Thank you so much!



Update:
More photos from my twin Rona Namocatcat.






Will feature more Tagbilaran food places on my future posts!
I can't wait to share more about my hometown!

Love,
Lora





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! 🙈 If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da