Skip to main content

April Make up Haul: Lustrous Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hey everyone! It's been a while since my last post that's why I'm making this post extra special. Many of you requested for a review of the Lustrous eyeshadow palette that I got and I'm more than willing to do that for you! To add to that, on my next post I'll also be reviewing some Nyx Cosmetics that I have been using for quite a while now. Keep posted for that!

 Lustrous Eyeshadow Palette in Calypso (P799)

There are actually two options for her eyeshadow palettes, the Calypso and the Luna. But I was more in love with this one as I am not much of a fan of having pink and blue shades for my eyes.


The collection is quite pricey even if you say that it's limited edition. A price peg of P499 for a brow pencil and P449 for the brow gel just doesn't fit my budget. Hahaha. I was able to try the eyebrow pencil and it was indeed very promising, but still so mahal!  However, I was willing to shell out some money for the palette (and hopefully the eyeliner pencils too) because these are the ones that stand out for me and come across as very *Nadine Lustre* in my opinion.

This last one is my favorite shade in the palette. (It's got no name though.)
By the way, all the shades are shimmery.

Packaging was indeed  L U S T R O U S! So classy and very instagrammable!


Note: BYS is cruelty-free! Yay!
It also comes with its own applicator brush but I suggest you use your own set.
This is how it applies when you use the brush that comes along with the palette. But wait... I'll show you how it applies on a prepped skin with eyeshadow primer and a matte base, and with a *better* eyeshadow brush. You can also use your fingers to apply the eyeshadow and it looks waaaaay better too!

The colors really compliment morena skin and it's perfect for the beach babe look! If you've got a good tan for the summer, I think this will look amazing on you especially the orange shade.

It's quite pigmented compared to other drugstore eyeshadow palettes. You just have to be careful as it tends to fallout (if you apply to much). Remember: A little goes a long way.

I was able to buy this from a Watsons store here in Dumaguete and some testers are also available there for you to try.

Overall, I would recommend this eyeshadow palette. It's worth the money for me since I can use all the colors in the palette and I need not consume much with every use. 💖 I must say, you will feel like you're Nadine after wearing this! Hahahaha.

Check out the Instagram account for Lustrous to see more of the collection.

Instagram: @lustrousph
Lustrous is available in leading Watsons and SM Beauty Stores nationwide.
You can also shop online here.

See you on my next post!
More make up to review.



Love,
Lora 💖








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! 🙈 If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da