Skip to main content

Singapore Sample Itinerary (Part 1)

In line with the "Crazy Rich Asians" fever, I'm pretty sure the movie has got you wanting to visit Singapore! That's why I'm posting the itinerary of our 3 days-2 nights trip to Singapore last year!


Can you believe I have an excel file for this Singapore trip? Hahahaha. For almost every trip, I always try to plot out the itinerary, the cost and even the time allotted for every activity. It's just something I prefer to do, so as to avoid any unexpected occurrences, and to maximize the time and money that we spend for travelling. Just so you know, we really saved up for this trip so we could afford a bit of a luxury, as it was also for our anniversary. Don't get me wrong, I'm also really into spontaneous trips. It's just that, when you're saving so much just to make a trip happen, I think it's wise to enjoy it by minimizing possible stressful situations, right? 

I was even supposed to cancel this trip since my dad just died a month earlier. But somehow, I know that's not what he would've wanted me to do. My dad always reminded me to enjoy life and explore the  world that is out there. He always encouraged me to be braver and bolder and live life to the full, and to always pursue what I enjoy doing.

So that's why I pushed through! Here's a look into our Singapore itinerary:

Our flight from Cebu City was at 10 in the evening, and we arrived 3 hours and 45 minutes later, or 1:45am the next day. Their airport was beautiful!


But we were still so sleepy to go around, so we just went immediately to immigrations, picked up our luggage, exchanged our USD for Singapore Dollars, then picked up sim cards and the Singapore tourist pass at the arrival hall. The Singapore tourist pass is a "special ez-link transport card that offers tourists unlimited travel on Singapore’s basic bus services, MRT and LRT trains for a period of 3 consecutive days". You can check more about that here: Singapore Tourist Pass and here: Changi Recommends. I think you can also avail the sim cards and the pass at discounted rates via the Klook website/app. 😉

For our transpo from Changi Airport to our hotel, we opted to ride a taxi since I think the first train was not until a few hours and we were both just so sleepy and tired! I just got off from work before going to the airport that day. 😑 


We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay- Singapore. It's a bit on the pricey side but it was so worth it! The place was great! And we had buffet breakfast for all the 3 days that we were there. It was also a great location, clean and very modern, the wi-fi was excellent, plus there's a pool on the top floor. We really just wanted the trip to just be stress-free, easy and comfortable in all aspects.

Day 1: Singapore Cable Car + Madame Tussauds + Universal Studios Singapore

The Singapore Cable Car station is at Harbourfront Tower II. We booked our tickets via Klook, and I was so thankful that we did since the lines were quite long. I just had to present the voucher and redeem our tickets.

The view was amazing! It was a relaxing ride, contrary to what I would've expected! Haha.

Lucky for us, we were joined in the cable car with a father and his daughter (he's separated). We took a photo of them and the dad took a photo of us. He was actually reading a story for his daughter who was feeling a little scared. And we were more than happy to join in on the story telling. It was heart-warming to see that, after losing my dad.


We hopped off Sentosa Station, walked around then got ourselves at the Imbiah Lookout station. We came across some ads for Madame Tussauds and decided to insert it into our itinerary. Talk about being spontaneous! Haha. We got the tickets at half the regular price, and you can also avail the same discount at Klook: Madame Tussauds Singapore. It was really fun, we even lost track of time!

 
We met world leaders while we were there!

We also met the queen!

Hanging out with some world famous athletes, pop stars and celebrities!

After Madame Tussauds, we took some photos at the Sentosa Merlion then went ahead to Universal Studios Singapore (USS)!
Food is a bit pricey inside USS so we opted to eat at a hawker center just right beside the gates.
So much good food to choose from!

Taking individual photos 'coz we couldn't find anyone to take a photo for us!

It's advisable to visit USS by opening time at 10am to make the most of it. But because of our Madame Tussauds side trip, we started going around USS after lunch.

Again, we booked our tickets via Klook and went straight to the turnstile with our vouchers.

First stop: toy shopping for pasalubong!
Well, okay, it was a bad idea to shop first and bring it along for the whole afternoon. But I was just too excited to shop some toys! 😜 It's so fluffy!


USS is divided into 7 areas: Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, The Lost World, Far Far Away and Madagascar. Make sure to wear comfy shoes, and prepare for a lot of walking!

These were taken at the New York area. Every corner was just so photo worthy!

The line was long at the Transformers ride but it was worth it! This one is right beside the huge roller coaster that we were too scared to try. Hahaha.

There was also a long line at this ride in Ancient Egypt so we just took pictures around. There are carts that sell refreshments, so no worries on being hungry for a little snack.

The Lost World was a perfect spot for kids who are sooo into dinosaurs! So much to see and enjoy!
There's a restaurant around here too, where you can eat and rest for a while.

And my favorite place of them all!! The land of Far Far Away!
Everything here was just too cute! It was drizzling when we were there so I wasn't bringing out the camera so much. The place was so colorful, bright and happy! Haha.


Sadly, we weren't able to get to Madagascar since we ran out of time and the parade was about to start. We decided to leave early, from fear that the rain would really pour down. We took the cable car on our way back, then took an Uber back to the hotel.

We spent the night exploring the nearby hawker centers in Clarke Quay. We decided to call it a day, to save energy for another exciting day ahead!

Keep posted for the part 2!
I'll share about our Singapore Zoo and Safari Experience + our date night at Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay!


Lots of love,
Lora 😘


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! 🙈 If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da