Skip to main content

Valentine's Gift Ideas for Men

Valentine's isn't just about women getting showered with flowers, chocolates and all these grand surprises. Men need some lovin' too and they also deserve to have the spotlight.
This is me trying to surprise boyfie with balloons and a bouquet of cake pops (2016).

However, (in all honesty) despite the best intentions, it can get quite dreadful looking for a gift especially when you've been together for a while already. The options seem to get smaller and smaller and also, more expensive! But don't panic, I got some ideas for you. ☺

Since we already mentioned about sticking to a budget, I guess we all know the struggle, right? In my opinion, if we're spending on this gift anyway, then might as well buy something that our boyfriends can use on a daily or regular basis. Sulit and practical are the keywords! Haha.

If he's an office guy, he might need new pairs of socks or a great pair of leather shoes. You can get him the usual plain socks and maybe a few pairs with subtle designs. As for me, since Kiefer needs formal wear during dog shows, I got him these socks from Sockhousemnl (IG: Sockhousemnl). They have plenty of options so you'll definitely find one that would suit your boyfriend's taste.

 I even got some pairs for myself! 😜

If he's someone who's into sports or has an active lifestyle, maybe he'd want new gym clothes, a gym bag/backpack or a fitness tracker Ask one of his friends or workout buddies about the specifics (preference, brand, etc.) 'coz if it were me, I'd be clueless. haha Good thing I have my sister's boyfriend who helps around with these kinds of gifts!

Got a fashionista boyfriend? Then head out and buy a cap or new pairs of shades. I don't think you can ever go wrong with that. You might want to check out Bellabayph (IG: Bellabayph, FB: Bella Bay PH). They're offering Valentine's Gift Sets for both men and women.

You can choose from a variety of designs for every item that comes into your set.

Every set comes with the following:
cap (white, pink, beige, gray or black)
accessory (tassel earrings or leather bracelet)
and shades (clear, light or dark)

And the best part?
Less 300php on all sets only until tomorrow, Feb 10!

CHIC SET
Includes: top (6 designs to choose from), cap, accessory, shades
Packaged in a big box with ribbon and card


SUN SET
Includes: Summer attire (13 designs to choose from), cap, accessory, shades
Packaged in a big box with ribbon and card

HIP SET
Includes: top (2 designs to choose from), cap, accessory, shades
Packaged in a big box with ribbon and card

When worse comes to worst and I can't find other options, what I do is this:
-First, I try to observe him going about in his usual day from morning to evening.
-Then I look for gaps on things which I think he needs or could make his day much easier. Some guys are not so into the details and they can easily miss out on these things.

For example, when I constantly heard him complaining about his phone's battery life I realized just what he needed. Nope, not a new phone! I got him a powerbank.  I just then added some other items like a silicon case for it and varying lengths and types of wires based on what he needs.

If your guy travels for work then you can get him a car pillow or a neck pillow. If you feel like he's getting too much sun exposure or he's not much into his skincare, you can also get him some skincare products or spend time together at the derma. Some guys are too embarrassed to get themselves the much-needed treatments from the spa or the derma even though they know that they need to (aminin!).

But if you have some money to spare and you feel like splurging for your boyfriend, maybe you can both agree to share on one high-priced item that you can both use. Like a camera or go pro for your future travels.

And if you're planning to really spoil him this year but not sure on what specific item to buy, you can always bring him to the store so he can choose for himself. Perhaps a new game for his PS4 or new sneakers would be nice.

Whichever item or gift that you choose, it's always the thought that counts!
The right man will always appreciate every effort you do to make him happy.
Simply having you around is enough for him and any gift is just a bonus.


I hope I was able to help. I can sense that my next posts should be about love advice. haha! Stay tuned!

Love,
Lora

















Comments

  1. Another good read!👍🏼 Now this is one article that I can definitely relate to. 😂 Grabe kaayo! Mao ni ako struggle every time naay special occasion. My boyfriend btw is the more generous and thoughtful one. Maghatagan na sya nako ug gift like esp. before kadto LDR mi pag-college nako. Bohol sya, Iligan ko. Hihi anyway, sya gyud ang pinakamaayo mupili ug regalo for me. Ag ako, baw lang. Siya ang gahatagan nako but kadto nakastart nako work, naghinayhinay nsad ko ug spoil niya. Ang ako slight trauma man gd is, naa to something ako gihatag niya na wa man ata sya ganahi. Though di sya vocal about it, I can sense na di jd sya knowing nga he's very meticulous and picky. Hahahaha! Branded man gd oi, makalagot. Mahal kaayo ang iya mga ganahan. Pero there's this one time na I felt really successful cause I gave him a watch na medyo pricey gd pd, but wa nako nag-mind. It took me almost an hour to decide though tinuod jd diay nang first item na nakit-an should be the first pick. Hihi nag-doubt ko ato na item but ang ending, maoy ako napilian. In the end, pagdawat ni boyf. As in, way kabutangan ang iya kalipay ky ganahan daw kaayo sya sa gift. Perminte niya isuot (pero di pd on a daily basis) ana ra most especially during special occasions.

    Pasensya, taas kaayo ako chika! Nalingaw mn gd ko ug basa, Ms. Lora! Thank you for this!❤️ Sunod nasad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!! I'm also so bad with choosing gifts for him no matter how hard I try. I also experienced that nga wala kayo sya ganahi sa akong na buy. Hahaha. But I learned along the way, na better to be practical and choose something he really likes and something he can use everyday, even if medjo pricey. Hahaha. Thanks for sharing your story! You can always chika ra jud!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a toxic person?: How to practice mindfulness

So a couple of weeks back, I asked some of my followers on what topic they'd like me to write about and one of the questions I got was this: "How do I know if I'm a toxic person? How can I avoid being toxic?" I found it interesting because a lot of people don't ever ask themselves that question. Often times we're looking for "how to deal with toxic people" but not so much about "how can I avoid being a toxic person" . So how do you know if you're a toxic person? Well to start off, what do we mean by "toxic person" ? Here's a list of some common signs : 1. They try to control you by guilt tripping . Common phrases most probably used is "Uy sis, favor. Cge na. Friends bitaw ta.", e ven though they know that what they're asking you to do is probably inconvenient or annoying for you. They can't take "no" and instead say things like "I've done so much for you a

Leyte Summer Experience

Finally had the time to finish this blogpost! 🙈 If you're looking for a new destination to visit, you might consider visiting the beautiful province of Leyte . It has so much in store and plenty of hidden gems! What was supposed to be just a solo trip for me, turned out into a family vacation. You see, my brother-in-law is from Leyte and although we've known him for a long time already, we (as a family) never got the chance to visit his hometown. So we decided to turn it into our summer trip ! Hahaha. And please excuse the lack of good photos for this post because I wasn't really planning on making one for this trip. But I was just so amazed with what I experienced that I had to share it with all of you! We boarded the 2GO (Supercat) trip from Cebu to Ormoc. We took the 10:25 am trip and arrived in Ormoc around 1pm. You can find more details here on the fare and schedules:  Supercat Schedules This was our first trip together since my da